Articles on this Page
- 06/08/16--08:48: _Precision M6500 - C...
- 06/08/16--09:20: _Inspiron N5110 turn...
- 06/08/16--09:26: _Identifying correct...
- 06/08/16--09:26: _Audio and brightnes...
- 06/08/16--09:33: _XPS 13 overheating ...
- 06/08/16--10:11: _Poor battery life o...
- 06/08/16--10:14: _Problems with power...
- 06/08/16--10:18: _Dell XPS 13 Ultrabo...
- 06/08/16--10:21: _Orange Mark on Lapt...
- 06/08/16--12:52: _Problem installing ...
- 06/08/16--12:53: _Latitude e7470 seco...
- 06/08/16--14:56: _Dell XPS 14 L421X -...
- 06/08/16--15:53: _Touchpad won't turn...
- 06/08/16--17:56: _Upgrade screen in E...
- 06/09/16--05:07: _Dell is restarting ...
- 06/09/16--11:11: _XPS 17 720X Factory...
- 06/09/16--12:12: _Dell data Protectio...
- 06/09/16--15:59: _XPS13 9350 reliability
- 06/09/16--16:47: _Precision 5510 with...
- 06/09/16--16:50: _Dell Inspiron 15R S...
- 06/08/16--08:48: Precision M6500 - Change speaker board?
- 06/08/16--09:20: Inspiron N5110 turns itself on ONLY when on battery
- 06/08/16--09:26: Identifying correct replacement part on Dell 7520 17R
- 06/08/16--09:26: Audio and brightness FN keys not working
- 06/08/16--09:33: XPS 13 overheating when VGA adapter connected to USB-C port
- 06/08/16--10:11: Poor battery life on Dell E7450
- 06/08/16--10:14: Problems with power jack
- 06/08/16--10:21: Orange Mark on Laptop Screen Dell Inspiron 15
- 06/08/16--12:52: Problem installing new ssd(Samsung 850 evo m2) dell 7559
- 06/08/16--12:53: Latitude e7470 second drive?
- 06/08/16--15:53: Touchpad won't turn off
- 06/08/16--17:56: Upgrade screen in E6500?
- 06/09/16--05:07: Dell is restarting again and again with coloured lines screen.
- 06/09/16--11:11: XPS 17 720X Factory restore
- 06/09/16--12:12: Dell data Protection software for the finger print reader
- 06/09/16--15:59: XPS13 9350 reliability
- 06/09/16--16:47: Precision 5510 with NVMe and secondary ssd
Got an old Precision M6500 dual core with a blown speaker. Can get a replacment board off ebay, but not sure how difficult it is to change. I lifted up the top plate and can see the speaker board, but don't see any screws on top to remove to get the board out.
Has anyone changed the speaker board and how hard is it.
Can't find anything on the net to help me.
Dell Inspiron N5110 running Windows 7.
When not in use I have to remove the battery or else the thing turns itself on within a few seconds of shutting down or just having the battery inserted.
It DOESN'T do this when the charger is connected to the laptop and mains electricity. If the charger is connected to the laptop but not to the mains then the laptop will also turn itself on.
Any bright ideas?
I have an out-of-warranty Dell 7520 that needs a replacement part. The part number on the 17R is CN-OWX67P-GSAD3. However, I can find no such part available anywhere. What I get is a replacement part for the 15R which is CN-OWX67P-GT074. I want to confirm that these two part are identical in their functionality. The part that needs replacing is part of the power supply for the laptop and I don't want to fry my motherboard with the wrong part.
Have 5755 and just upgraded to win 10. Now these function key don't work. I have been unable to ID any work around on this site. Please advise
Just bought XPS 13 (9350) updated to latest BIOS 1.3.3.
When I connect USB-C to VGA adapter - in a minute left side of PC starts to overheat, fans starts spinning intensively and battery forecast drops from 13 hours to 1.5h..
I don't even connect a monitor to the adapter, and not connected to OS, as this happens logging into BOIS as well..
If I unplug the adapter - in 30 seconds PC cools down, fans stop.
Is this a normal? It seems I cannot even connect a projector without plugging PC for charging during 1.5h meeting.
I saw some similar issues with XPS 15 here http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19676323/20899854#20899854
Anyone faced something similar? Or my device is somehow broken?
Hi! A few months ago I bought a Dell E7450. One of the main reasons for choosing this laptop was the battery. According to reviews it should do over 8 hrs of web surfing.
That apparently was far from the truth. The laptop at best does 3-4 hours of moderate use. Probably because of the nvidia 840m GPU. I thought I would be able to manually disable the GPU in BIOS, but there is no option for that.
Is there any way to increase battery life? Would dell support be able to help me in any way?
Hi, I'm having a problem with my ac adapter.
When I accidentally pull out the AC adapter from my laptop, it shuts down automatically without any other software or hardware problem. Later I find out that my AC adapter is fine and working (no damage and bents is seen and tested out), but it is loosely plug into the power jet of the jack of my laptop. Although the cable won't fallout from the jack when I moving the laptop, I feel less resistance to pull out the cable than when I first purchase it.
Does that means the pins on the port are bent or broken the power board or system board may need to be replaced? My laptop is a Inspiron 5558 with warranty.
I am hoping to purchase one of these but I need to clear up a couple of things before I take the plunge...
I'm hoping to find a proud XPS owner who likes to write computer code and needs to use Ctrl+Break to interrupt running code during code development.
Of course there is no Break key on the XPS but I have a sneaky feeling that Ctrl+Fn+F12 might do the trick. Can anyone confirm this please?
Secondly, how would you turn off the WiFi on the XPS? Perhaps there is a hardware switch and/or some key combination?
As seen above, my laptop screen has an orange streak that changes location every time I open my laptop. It seems to depend on gravity, like the orange streak has some fluid-like qualities. If anyone has any advice on how to fix this or what it is, it would be greatly appreciated.
Hi I bought the 7559 and I am trying to install the new ssd. It didn't come with an hdd but an ssd, sandisk z400s m.2 2280 256gb. I read online you can upgrade it to a better one, the Samsung Evo. But when I go to install it and boot it up it says no bootable devices. I've seen videos of where people just put it in and it's done, so I need to download something before the installations? I'm fairly new into the world of upgrading laptops/pcs so any input will help. Thank you
Is it possible to add a second mSata SSD to this model? Can't find anything definitive online and don't want to just crack it open. I have an extra drive and would like to use it.
Thanks in advance.
I have been fortunate to have been given a Dell XPS 14 (L421X) by my son. Unfortunately it had developed a keyboard fault whilst he was working abroad and even though it was under warranty they were only able to source a local keyboard they weren't able to get the UK one which was needed.
Moving forwards I intend to do 3 things,
1) replace the keyboard (this has already been sourced from an official Dell reseller),
2) increase Memory to 8 Gb (this has been received direct from Dell) and
3) replace the HDD with a similar sized SSD (500 Gb) Samsung 850 EVO or Pro, removing the m-SATA drive at the same time.
I would just like to know the correct order in which to do these upgrades/repair. My assumption is that I need to:
1) Create a Boot DVD as I want to reset it to factory defaults then all his stuff is cleared off (I have an external DVD writer already).
2) I would then open up the laptop and replace the keyboard. Sounds simple I know but having downloaded a copy of the owner's manual and I can't say I'm looking forward to it.
3) At this stage I would replace the HDD and remove the mSATA SSD as it is now surplus to requirements. Are there any settings that need changing in BIOS as a result ?? Also what is the best BIOS to run as remember seeing something somewhere about the latest BIOS mucking about with SATA III ??
Once everything is back up and running I may well then upgrade to Windows 10 as Windows 8 is the default on the Laptop and I don't really want that.
Has anyone got any experience of what I am trying to achieve or suggestions ? All help very greatly appreciated.
At some point in the past couple of weeks I did disk clean up and a defrag of my computer. On the same day windows did an update. Ever since then my Touchpad has been on and I can't uninstall the drivers. When it does I get message in red saying I can't. I have an Inspiron 17 7737 with windows ten. Help.
I have a Latitude E6500 with WXGA screen, part number X397H. I hoped to upgrade the screen to WUXGA, perhaps part number RX392 (LTN154CT02).
It seems it will be necessary to upgrade the inverter and video cable because the number of CCFL tubes will increase from 1 to 2. Is this correct?
Since both screens are 15.4 inches, will the replacement screen fit properly or will it need a whole replacement top half?
I am using dell inspiron 5558 laptop and from last month I am facing a problem that when in morning I start my laptop it automatically switched off and restart again with coloured lines on screen and after that when I try to start it it just start restarting process again its power light starts blinking and screen is turning dark black and light black with power light. Between this process sometime it shows coloured lines on screen and reboot after 1 to 2 minutes.
The problem not ends here when I try to start it after 3 to 4 hours it starts perfectly and work perfectly. But this same problem occurs after sometime. Dell team is also replaced its motherboard to solve this issue but till now it exists. Now I don't know how to solve this issue.
They told me to install windows again and I have tried all the original windows in this laptop windows 7 in dec 2015 after that as they told I have purchased windows 8.1 and now it is upgraded to windows 10 64 bit. If there is anyone who knows why is issue is happening please help me.
I have been running Windows 10 on my Dell XPS 17 720X.
I want to restore it to factory settings and I have all the discs. When I hit F12 for the boot menu I don't see any option to restore.
Any help is appreciated.
can anybody please help me out i am trying to get my fingerprint reader to work the original software does not work anymore this laptop originally came with Windows vista on it i have since installed windows 7 and onto windows 10 the original software is not compatible with windows 10 so it tells me when i try to install i am about to the point to ware i may just sell this thing so i don't have to worry about ti Dell needs to provide updated software for any of the laptops just because it's an older laptop doesn't meen it doesn't function like it should .
Thought I might share my experience.
Bought my first XPS 13 9350 from Costco in January. Within 30 days, the SSD failed. (by the way, Costco concierge service is excellent). Costco offered either a refund or repair, so I elected a refund so I could just purchase another one. I finally got the next one in April. It worked fine until today. On start up after I set it in SLEEP mode, the WIFI would not work. Network troubleshooter indicated a driver or hardware problem. Costco concierge service told me to uninstall the driver for the Dell Wireless 1820A card and reboot. Apparently it automatically reinstalls the driver after that. It is working fine again. It sounds like the driver got corrupted? Not sure how that happens?
This is about the 14th Dell machine I have purchased over the years (starting with a 286 back in the mid 80's). All of them before this have been very reliable except this one.
I've got a Precision 5510 with NVMe and I've tried to install a secondary ssd drive. When I opened, I saw the space for the drive, but to my surprise there is no connector??? What am I missing here?
My laptop started showing signs of trouble last year. At first, it would go blue screen while I was using. I neglected that. Then, It started turning off if shaken. Now it turned of after I picked it up, and it's been dead nomather what I do.
I tried unplugging everything, including power supply, discharged flea power, but nothing happened...
When I press the on button, the LED light up as they should. The screen remains dead. After about 10 seconds, the battery LED and the CD LED start pulsing on and off (around 1Hz). The fan also follows the LEDs, accelerating and decelerating... No beep is heard.
What could it be? How can I test it?
Warranty is long gone.